What Are Vitamin Infusions?
Many of the people who visit Health+Plus Clinic in Oak Grove, Missouri receive intravenous infusions of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. The purposes for this include replenishing deficiencies, re-hydrating, improving circulation, optimizing metabolism, and improving symptoms.
Patients receive a mixture of nutrients that are specific to their particular condition. Some infusions help boost energy, while others focus on stimulating the immune system, removing toxins, improving brain and nerve function, or improving circulation. All are replenishing essential nutrients that the body needs in order to be as healthy as possible.
As a premier holistic alternative health clinic, we offer IV’s especially high in B Vitamins including B12.
Vitamin B12 is necessary for normal energy production, healthy nerve and brain function, mental alertness, formation of normal red blood cells, health immune function, physical strength, and hormone production.
It has been estimated that at least 50% of adult Americans have less than ideal levels of B Vitamins. Why so many? Because many medications block the absorption of B12. Also, as digestion becomes less efficient with aging, we simply don’t absorb them as well.
How it Works
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin, which means it dissolves in water and can be excreted in the urine. It is absorbed in the small intestine, where it is transported to the liver and other tissues. Vitamin B12 is then converted into a form that is used by the body to carry out its many functions.
Vitamin B12 is essential for many important bodily functions, including:
- Energy production: Vitamin B12 is necessary for the conversion of food into energy.
- Nerve and brain function: Vitamin B12 is important for the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Mental alertness: Vitamin B12 is important for mental alertness. It helps to improve memory and concentration.
- Red blood cell formation: Vitamin B12 is necessary for the formation of red blood cells. Red blood cells carry oxygen to the tissues and remove carbon dioxide.
- Immune function: Vitamin B12 helps to boost the immune system. It helps to fight off infection and disease.
- Physical strength: Vitamin B12 is important for physical strength. It helps to increase muscle mass and strength.
- Hormone production: Vitamin B12 is important for the production of hormones. It helps to regulate metabolism, fertility, and mood.
How to Get B Vitamins Naturally
Vitamin B12 is found in animal products, such as meat, fish, poultry, and eggs. Other B Vitamins mainly come from grains.
If you cannot get it naturally from your diet, a deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause a number of problems, including:
- Anemia: A deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause anemia, a condition in which the body does not have enough red blood cells.
- Fatigue: A deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause fatigue.
- Impaired nerve function: A deficiency of vitamin B12 can impair nerve function, causing numbness and tingling in the hands and feet.
- Memory loss: A deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause memory loss.
- Depression: A deficiency of vitamin B12 can cause depression.
We Can Help
B vitamins are an essential nutrient that plays a role in many important bodily functions. It is important to get enough B vitamins from food and/or supplements. However, a B Vitamin IV may be necessary to quickly boost your levels if you are not getting enough B Vitamins from your diet. Contact us today to learn more. Just call 816-625-4497 or use our contact page.