Holistic: characterized by comprehension of the parts of something as intimately interconnected and explicable only by reference to the whole.
At Health+Plus our providers strongly believe in evaluating the whole person-not only focusing on present symptoms. For that reason, we routinely check people’s heart and circulation, even if their complaint may be arthritis or an ulcer. The body is a whole, and one problem can affect other areas of the body.
The providers are also strong advocates of wellness exams; meaning that every day they see patients who come for an ‘annual exam’, or want to be checked ‘just because they are 40’ or because a sister found out she has cancer.
When you come to Health+Plus you will begin with a general physical examination, extensive laboratory tests, EKG, lung function testing, and so forth.
You will have a personal consultation with the provider. We will listen to your symptoms and concerns and ask questions about your condition and health history. The extent of your consultation will depend on your individual situation.
Wellness is a process; it doesn’t happen in a day.
Being as healthy as possible requires a partnership. Taking nutritional supplements and modifying diet are necessary for most people.
Some people wrongly believe that they can ‘drop off’ their body at the clinic, and pick it back up later- something like dropping off dry-cleaning, or a vehicle for a tire-change. Ideal health isn’t that simple, it requires time and partnership.
What’s included in an examination?
- A resting EKG to check for abnormal heart rhythm, possible enlarged heart, or damage to the heart muscle [such as from a heart attack] and helps screen for blockage of coronary arteries.
- A thorough physical examination from one of the providers.
- Digital pulse analysis and heart rate variability will be tested, to help evaluate the elasticity of your arteries, potential for arterial blockage, strength of the left ventricle of your heart, as well as how stress may be adversely affecting your health.
- Lung Function screening is performed to check your lung capacity and screen for lung diseases such as emphysema.
- We check your blood pressure in both arms and both legs to help evaluate your circulation and the status of your arteries.
- Urine testing to help evaluate your overall metabolism, and screen for liver or kidney problems [including checking for urinary tract infection]. We also routinely evaluate your Vitamin C levels.
- A metabolic panel of blood tests will evaluate blood sugar, kidney function, essential mineral levels, liver function, cholesterol & triglycerides, checks for potential anemia, and certain immune system abnormalities.
- A Complete Blood Count to evaluate certain functions of the body
- Additional blood testing to check your hormone function, thyroid function, adrenal gland function, vitamin D3 level, and diabetes check.
- Depending upon your health condition, specialty tests may be recommended [or you may request them] at an additional charge. Examples include: allergy testing, toxic metal screening, screening tests for certain types of cancer, or blood tests to identify specific conditions or deficiencies.
- Referral to specialty providers as indicated will be addressed as needed and diagnostic imaging ordered as the need arises.
Unlike most clinics, your evaluation at Health+Plus includes an in-person report of the findings. You will receive a written report of the findings including recommendations from the provider and a detailed treatment plan. In most instances these results will be available to you the following business day after your exam.
Please call our office at 816-625-4497 to schedule an appointment.
Health+Plus does not accept insurance, we are a pay-per-service facility.
Appointments for exams are typically scheduled in the morning because you are asked to fast 12 hours prior. That is NO food or drink with the exception of water within those 12 hours. We ask you to refrain from taking any vitamins/medications/creams in that time as well.
Please expect to be here for up to 3 hours for your initial consultation and examination.
We require your cancellation notice no later than two (2) business days (Monday-Friday) prior to your scheduled appointment. If notice is not received two (2) business days prior to your scheduled appointment, we will charge you a non-refundable $75 USD non-cancellation fee.
Follow-up appointments require cancellation notice of one (1) business day (Monday-Friday). If notice is not received one (1) business day prior to your rescheduled appointment, we will charge you a non-refundable $50 USD cancellation fee.
Active Treatment Programs
Below are categories of treatment plans that could be recommended for you after your initial examination is complete. Treatment plans are custom-made depending on your examination and laboratory findings. The depth and amount of treatment varies depending on your individual health concerns and needs.
After your initial exam you will have a recommended time frame to have comparative testing completed, and it is typically suggested you complete your treatment plan in that time frame. A typical starting time frame would be 12 weeks; this could vary depending on your health.
Over the next several months it will be important to implement the nutrition and lifestyle changes, supplement recommendations, follow-up appointments and clinic services that your treatment plan outlines.
Please refer to the treatment page to learn about the different treatments offered at Health+Plus.
Minimal Treatment Plan
This treatment plan would include a minimum of 2 half days per week at the clinic taking recommended treatments.
Moderate Treatment Plan
This treatment plan would include a minimum of 2 full days per week at the clinic taking recommended treatments.
Intensive Treatment Plan
In this case, your health is in a more critical stage and a more intensive treatment plan is needed. Typically, a stay of 1 to 2 weeks or longer would be recommended to complete your recommended treatment plan.
“Dr. Clark is the best doctor I’ve ever been to! If you’re looking for real health solutions and answers go to Health Plus. It is the most detailed examination I have ever had! I am feeling great since starting my treatment plan and nutrients recommended for me! “
Specialized Laboratory Testing
Occasionally additional blood tests are recommended during your examination. Below you will find common blood test the provider might recommend, or you may request.
- Pregnenolone- Hormone that contributes to memory function
- Chronic Lyme’s Disease Testing
- Heavy Metal Toxicity Urine Screening
- Candida Yeast Screening
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis screening
- H. Pylori- Stomach Ulcer Screening
- Food Sensitivity Testing
- Tumor Marker Testing
- ANA- Testing for the presence of an auto-immune disorder
- Mycoplasma- testing for ‘walking pneumonia’ bacteria
- CMV- Cytomegalovirus- chronic virus typically causing reoccurring sore throats
- ESR-Sedimentation rate to test inflammation in the body
Annual Physical Examination & Extensive Laboratory Panel $895.00
Nutritional IV $65-$230.00
IV Laser Blood Irradiation $135.00
30 Minute Ion Foot Bath $30.00
60 Minute Deep-Tissue Massage $65.00
Far-Infrared Sauna Treatment $50.00
Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber Treatment $105.00
Initial Brain Mapping $250.00
Neuro-Feedback Treatment $125.00
Breast Cupping Therapy $40.00
B12 Injection $25.00